2011 Dodge Challenger Drag Pak
S/N # 2011-011
This limited production race car was manufactured by Chrysler and sold through the Parts Department of Larry Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Sandy, UT. The car came from the factory as a turn-key option for NHRA Stock and Super Stock race classes, and it has had a storied race career in major Stock and Super Stock races across the country. Les Norton has driven this car to prominence in race circles, and this car has been featured in many major magazines including National Dragster and Drag Racer. The Drag Racer magazine article on-line link is http://www.dragracermag.com/two-times-the-fun-dodge-pak-duo-delights-mopar-diehards . In addition, this car will be presented in the forthcoming book Detroit Flyers. Written by Charlie Morris, the book will feature the Big Three American auto manufacturers Drag Pak cars.
In 2011, Jack Roush racing had the contract to do the race conversion from Mopar on all these Drag Pak cars. This car may be the only one to leave Roush without the roll cage and rear suspension installed, as the owner of this car wanted Mike Roth of MR2 performance to do that work. This car, #11 of a reported 50 Dodge Factory Drag Paks produced in 2011, was sent to Mike Roth of MR2 Performance in Indianapolis to have that part finished.
While previously set up in Race Dress for winning at the track, this car is being offered in Stock Factory Dress. The Race Dress components that propelled this car to respect at the track will be available for purchase. Don’t miss your chance to own this low production special Drag Pak Challenger!
Below are the original factor specs
• 512 cid V-10 engine 8.4 Ltr with 2-speed automatic transmission with shift assembly and built-in roll control.
• Complete fuel cell assembly, race headers with collectors, modified tunnel for transmission clearance and one-piece drive shaft, and raised floor above differential for solid-axle conversion clearance.
• Solid engine mounts, mopar solid rear axle, special modified K-member with drop-out crossmember, lightweight cooling module with electric fan, lightweight drag-race only front brake assembly, and manual rack-and-pinion steering.
• Polycarbonate door windows, smart-glass door window system, lightweight seats accommodating a 6-point harness, special cable-operated throttle pedal and linkage, lightweight instrument panel assembly, front chin spoiler , special cable-operated decklid release, and race-style wheels and tires.
• No windshield wiper assembly, No HVAC system (includes block off plates), No rear seats, No power-steering system, No underbody heat shields.