1926 Packard Six Touring Sedan
This wonderfully preserved and presented 1926 Packard 4-43 Six Touring Sedan has been in the custody of the consignor for almost 50 years, when it was purchased from the estate of the previous owner. An effortlessly powerful automobile that can cruise with modern traffic, this example is fitted with the original 4.3-liter six-cylinder inline engine mated to a 3-speed manual transmission. Presented in an attractive duotone livery that complements the traditional Packard styling, this example also features a very nice interior in the proper colors and fabrics.
Recent work that was performed includes:
· Radiator flushed with new hoses and fan belt
· Flying Lady and Motor Meter repaired and installed
· Bumper strips re-nickeled
· Carburetor cleaned and rebuilt
· Generator cleaned and re-wired
· All four wheel bearings replaced and repacked
· Oil plan gasket re-done
· Right running board covering replaced
· New spark plugs (of proper size) replaced Feb. 2018
· Seating and door upholstery replaced in blue velvet to match paint.
· Oil change in correct weight.
· All tires replaced with period correct whitewalls and inner tubes.
Auction Estimate: $25,000-28,000